DIY Back Pack Air Freshener
Keep backpacks and gym bags smelling fresh with an all-natural air freshener. You just need a Ziploc® Twist ‘N Loc® and few simple ingredients from the grocery store (and you may even have them at home already).
- Ziploc® Twist ‘N Loc® container, small
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- ½ of one lemon
- ½ of one orange
- 2 fresh vanilla beans, cut in half
- Fragrant flower petals (like roses or hyacinth)
- 1. Preheat oven to 250℉. Then, start by cutting the lemon and orange into thin slices and laying them flat on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 2. Add flower petals and vanilla bean to the parchment, making sure that everything is flat and not piled on top of each other.
- 3. Bake for 30 minutes (or until petals are dehydrated to your liking) then remove from oven and let cool.
- 4. Using the hammer and nails, poke a few holes in the top of a Ziploc® Twist ‘N Loc® container.
- 5. Once the holes have been poked and the potpourri has cooled, add the ingredients to the container.
- 6. Twist the lid shut and place in a backpack to create a natural, fragrance that will help combat stinky odors.
3 DIY Emergency Kits
On summer break, your kids know where to find what they want: Hungry for a snack? Head to the kitchen. Need a bandage? Grab one from the middle drawer in the bathroom. But when school starts, the comforts of home aren’t so readily available. Help them ease into the year with these, DIY survival kits.
Make sure the odds are stacked in your kiddo’s favor with a kit designed to help them stay energized and keep phones and electronics charged up as well. Just add essential items (like a phone charger, extra lunch money, and bandages) to a Ziploc® brand sandwich bag and toss it in their backpack.
Personal Care Kit
They may not be the most glamorous supplies, but mini toiletries can really come in handy throughout the day. Prevent kids from borrowing essentials like chapstick or hair ties from their friends by keeping this easy kit stocked up. Include items like a mini comb, tissues, and a travel toothbrush.
Must-Have School Supplies
Just say “no” to disorganized supplies. This kit holds everything your child needs for staying stocked up (neatly!) with essential school supplies. Let your kids decorate a Ziploc® container with stickers, then toss in crayons, pencils, glue, a calculator, and anything else they’re constantly misplacing.