- Bowls and jars in assorted sizes
- 1 Using a marker, trace 2 circles onto cardboard, making sure that they are centered. Be sure to create the same shape twice.
- 2 Cut out the outer part and center of each tracing.
- 3 Place the 2 cardboard rings together and wind yarn around them. Once the ring is completely covered in yarn, cut along the edges. To add multiple colors, simply wind 2 colors of yarn together at the same time. Or, to get a super trendy colorblock look, wind 1 color for a fraction of the ring, then switch to another color. This experiment is guaranteed to give you unexpected and fun results!
- 4 Cut a length of yarn and wrap around the space that you just cut, in-between the 2 rings. This will keep all of the loose ends together for the pom pom. Wrap tightly around the middle circle and tie in a knot. Remove cardboard rings and voila! You have a super cute pom pom.
- 5 Tip: Collect leftovers from other knitting projects in a Ziploc® brand container! Cardboard Bowls and jars in assorted sizes Scissors.
Pom Pom Wreath
To create a wreath with your newly made pom poms, simply tie each pom pom onto a wire wreath frame from your local craft store.
Pom Pom Garland
- 1 Insert ribbon into the ‘loop’ that holds together the pom pom and tie in a knot.
- 2 Keep doing this until several pom poms are strung together.