Say yes to creativity (and no to carving)
Skip the mess, burning wax, and cut fingers—this year, skip the knife altogether. Draw on orange and white balloons instead. Silly faces, scary faces, abstract designs, anything goes. Make it a decorating contest for guests, or something fun for the kids to do in advance!
- Permanent markers in your choice of colors
- Green curling ribbon and scissors
- Orange balloons, try using different sizes and colors
- 1 Blow up each balloon.
- 2 Draw faces, designs, etc.
Add green curling ribbon to the top, and you’ve got festive, mess free pumpkins!
WRAPPED IN A SNAP MUMMY VASES
- Cylinder shaped vase(s)
- Large googly eyes
- Toilet paper or white gauze
- Double-sided tape
- 1 If using toilet paper, start by using the double-sided tape to secure the first end near the top of the vase. If using gauze, there’s no need to use tape, it will magically secure itself!
- 2 Wrap vase in toilet paper or gauze until covered. Have fun creating layers as you wrap to get that “mummy” look!
- 3 If using toilet paper, tear and secure end near the bottom back of the vase. If using gauze, just cut it to desired length, and it should secure itself.
- 4 Add eyes to front of vase using a small piece of double sided tape.
- 5 Fill with water and flowers of your choice.
NO-BAKE WITCH BROOM + HAT COOKIES
- Chocolate wafers
- Ziploc® brand bag
- Jumbo chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
Optional: decorator’s tip (we used a star-shaped tip for fun)
- Peanut butter cups
- Pretzel sticks
- 1 Fill Ziploc® brand bag (fitted with decorating tip if you choose) with peanut butter and snip corner.
Squeeze peanut butter onto wafer and create a small circle in center.
Press jumbo chocolate chips on top of peanut butter.
Simply unwrap peanut butter cup and flip upside down on a tray
Press pretzel stick into center
SNACK UP, CRACK UP
DIY CANDY SKEWER STATION
PEEK-A-BOO! BATHROOM GHOSTS
- Toilet paper
- Black cardstock
- Double sided tape
Cut circles and ovals out of black cardstock.
Apply a small piece of double sided tape to the back of the black paper piece and stick onto toilet paper roll.